Sunday, August 22, 2010

Entryway

How do you change a chandelier that hangs from a 17 foot ceiling?  How do you paint 17 foot high walls?  Well you have to borrow or rent a 14 foot step ladder, which basically takes up the whole space.

It took a full day to edge and roll the entryway with 2 coats of paint, and by full day I mean from 8am till 8pm.  We had just finished up the first coat of edging when we stopped for lunch.  We had picked up a 12 pack of Bud Light Lime, you need beer when you paint, according to Jesse.  I had two beers with my lunch, and by the time we started painting the walls, I was a little drunk (I guess it doesn't take much anymore).



So I got to hold the paint tray when needed on the ladder.

While we had the ladder we decided to change the chandelier.
We had to get up early Sunday morning to get it done in time to return the ladder and not accrue a late fee.



And replacing the chandelier went well, we got it done in time with only a little bit of sweat trying to hold it up as it got wired and attached to the ceiling.

Now we are about half way done with the space.


No comments:

Post a Comment