Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A muffled cry

Yesterday I was feeding Bella when I hear a very muffled cry coming from Oliver.  At first I panicked thinking maybe I had forgotten to put up the gate on the stairs and he had gotten up there and hurt himself.  Or maybe he had hurt himself on something and was too weak to really cry.  I quickly got out of my chair and ran around the house trying to locate him.

I saw the dogs hanging out by the front closet, and the closet door was open.  I went inside the closet to find this:

002

Oliver found himself stuck in the dog’s food container.  Now he has been told many times not to go into this closet, because he likes to get into the dog food and throw it on the floor for the dogs and sample a few pieces for himself.  We usually try to block the closet, but he is smart enough now to still get into it.  But I guess this time around the food was low enough in the bin, he got in but couldn’t get back out. 

I did of course leave him screaming so I could grab my phone and take a picture.  Hopefully this incident scared him enough he will stay out of the dog food.  But my guess is we will be back playing in there in no time.

Yes, Oliver only wears one sock.  For some reason he always takes only one sock off.  My guess is he actually likes wearing socks, but they are slippery while running on tile and wood flooring.  So he likes the traction one bare foot gives, while giving one foot the comfort of wearing a sock!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I love that you left him screaming to get the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo funny! What a stinker, ha! You definitely have your hands full!

    Oliver's pretty smart with figuring out the "one sock off, one sock on" approach for better traction, too! :)

    ReplyDelete