Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

So yesterday was my birthday.  Nothing too crazy happens around our household for our birthdays.  It’s pretty much just normal days around here.

Jesse did stick around in the morning to help me with getting the kids ready to go to school and the sitter.  Although the kids being out of the house for the day was short lived when Bella’s teachers called to say she had thrown up a bunch of phlegm on the bus and was tired and cranky at school.  So Bella got home from school and Oliver came back home from the sitters.

I did make my own birthday cake.  A cheesecake, correction a dulce de leche cheesecake, was my cake of choice.

001004

My birthday meal of choice was a new meal combo from Dairy Queen.  You get a cheeseburger, fries, soda, and mini blizzard.  I know a crazy fancy meal, but it was delicious and quick, which is what you need when you have fussy kids around.

And my big present is a new camera.  It was shipped out yesterday so I’m hoping to receive it in the next few days.  And then I have a lot to learn about using it…but I’m excited!

Oh and I also made myself a new top.  People have been asking me if I am still sewing.  I am, and I have a few projects to share in upcoming posts.  I got the idea from pinterest.  It’s sort of a cape sweater.

cape sweater

I had bought some cheap sweater knit fabric and decided to give it a try, here is what I came up with.

005008

BTW – I haven’t hemmed the shirt yet, I plan to put a curved hem in like the picture above.  Just ran out of time today and can’t decide if I should use black thread or cream.

Well that was it for my birthday.  Now Christmas season can officially begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment