Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It’s Turkey Week

This past weekend we headed up to Nebraska to celebrate Jesse’s grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and to meet our new nephew Camden.  We did not do a good job taking pictures, but we did get a couple of Oliver and his cousin Beckett playing house.

IMG_0516IMG_0513

The previous two weeks I had told Jesse we were going to go on a “good eating” binge so that we could enjoy this week.  We accomplished one of the two pre-week eating plans, but the second week went to crap when neither of us was getting any sleep.

Regardless I am hitting this week with a flourish and started baking away yesterday.

I started with Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.  I took a few recipes and combined them, plus I substituted some ingredients to make it healthier.  They turned out delicious.  Or so myself and Oliver think so.

001

The whole time I was baking things Oliver kept coming up to me and saying “mo, mo” which means more, which means I want whatever you have.  I kept telling him either the items weren’t ready to eat, or they were too hot.  But the second the muffins were cooling on the counter, he couldn’t take it anymore, and he was allowed to sample one.

003

One wasn’t enough for him, but I wasn’t about to let him eat anymore than that.  He needed to leave some for the rest of us.

I also baked up some Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks.  I know so very Thanksgiving appropriate you say.  No, just really not good for you, so they are sneaking their way into this week’s diet!  I must say they were very close to the real thing.  I followed the recipe found here.

I also made this dessert, Pumpkin Lust Cake, especially for Bella.  Bella and I may have sampled a little bit of it for lunch today.  I thought it was delicious and it seemed to go over well with Bella.

009

No comments:

Post a Comment