Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Week

Jesse took the week off work for us to enjoy a nice relaxing holiday week.

You don’t buy it?  You know us too well.

We were trying to get a bunch of projects finished up around our house.  We actually have one day left this week before our “holiday break” is over.  I’m not sure how much will actually get accomplished tomorrow, but I will be sure to post pictures of our finished projects.

As of today I thought I would actually talk about the family time we actually did spend together.

Bella’s birthday was a couple months ago.  It’s getting harder and harder for us to find things that she needs that can be bought in a normal store.  Most times we ask for money for gifts for her, so that we can get very specific things, or pool money together to get very expensive things.  With her birthday money I ended up finding a used piece of equipment from a family here in Kansas City and purchased it.  It’s a way for her to build up muscles to start crawling.

107108103106

Right now we are just working on her lifting her head off the carpet when she is in it.  I put her in it for about 15 minutes on the days she doesn’t have school.  So this week she actually got to use it a few times.  She has been picking her head up a little bit, but only for about 5 seconds at a time.  Hopefully this is something that we can work on, and even if she is never able to crawl, it will help her with her head control in general.

109

On Thursday, which was actually Thanksgiving we spent the beautiful day outside putting up Christmas lights.  That late afternoon/evening we headed over to Jesse’s sisters to celebrate with Jesse’s family.  The kids did alright, but having a Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t sit very well with either of them.  We definitely have kids that prefer the morning over the evening.

Jesse and I debated heading out for black Friday shopping, and finally on a last minute whim decided to try Target.  We lucked out and got most of the things I wanted, even though we went an hour after they had opened.  That was pretty much the extent of our shopping.  And luckily we were back home by 10:30 that evening.

On the actually Friday we did hang out and enjoyed the Nebraska game.  Here is a picture of the kids and I (beware I did not shower and have no makeup on, and you can tell).

006008

Oliver was wearing his second outfit of the day, since he had a huge diarrhea blowout that morning and then ended up having one again later that evening, and another one on Saturday morning.  Not sure if it was all the different kinds of foods he was eating over Thanksgiving, it was teething related, or if he picked up something.  I guess we will know in a couple of days if any of the rest of us are affected.

This whole week we have been exhausted as normal, as both kids have been waking up at night.  One can only pray and wish so many times for a full nights sleep.  I had this brilliant idea that I would hire permanent help for the day so I could sleep, and then I would just work at night from home.  That way if the kids happened to wake up, I could just quite working for the amount of time they needed me, and then get back to working.  And since someone would be watching them during the day, I could actually get 8 hours of continuous sleep.  I obviously thought of this idea as I was laying in bed awake at 3am.  Because not only do I get woken up in the middle of the night by the kids, I have a horrible time falling back asleep after I have been woken up.  Definitely a cruel twist of fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment