Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stop with the coughing already

I’ve tried not to talk about it.  But ever since we had to cancel our trip to Nebraska at the end of September, Bella has been coughing.  It’s been one or two times a night she is up coughing and crying so we have to go into her room and calm her.  In the past 7 weeks Bella has slept through the night 3 times.  And on a couple of nights it has been bad enough that I have been up most of the night with her. 
Last night was a bad night.  I was so sure I would be up with Bella the whole time.  But actually Bella was up coughing only 3 times.  It was Oliver who was up until 1am that gave us more trouble.  Though as soon as Oliver finally went to sleep for the rest of the night, Bella was up having a spell that was bad enough I had to try drinks of water, orajel, and tylenol.

So anyways, I didn't get to sleep until 2am, and then Bella was up coughing again this morning around 6:30am.

Oliver was still a fussy mess today.  He has a horrible runny nose and I’m guessing isn’t feeling the greatest.  Bella on the other hand was doing well and actually rolling all over the place.  Until around 2:30pm today when both kids started to get kind of fussy and really needy, and of course me being only 1 person I wasn’t really up for the task.

I was tired.
I had a headache.
I may have had 1 cup of coffee, 10 mini snickers bars, 1/2 bag of chips, 2 Dr. Pepper’s, and a lean pocket during the day.  It didn’t make me feel any better.
I may have watched a bunch of episodes of The Voice and Glee, so that at least there was music on the television and we could dance around at times when the kids and I felt like it.
I may have let Oliver get away with more than normal today so that I didn’t have to listen to him constantly crying.
I may have snot stains and food stains all over my clothes…all from Oliver.
And I definitely didn’t get anything accomplished today, but hey we are all still alive, I guess that’s something.




At least he was happy during bath time.
I think I am off for bed and praying for a little sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment