Thursday, February 21, 2013

A big snow day

Bella has been a pain or in pain…depends on how you look at it.  Regardless the only saving grace for me has been that she goes to school.  With Presidents Day on Monday = no school and a snow day today = no school.  I haven’t gotten much of a break.

Today she was doing a little better and then of course Oliver decided to be super hyper and into everything and climbing everything.

Although even when getting into trouble he sometimes makes me laugh.

This morning he kept climbing over furniture to get into the dining room he wasn’t supposed to be in and then taking off his pajamas.  He would look at me from the wrong side of the baby gate and be so proud of himself.

IMG_0289

Later he found the diaper changer and decided it would make a good man purse.  So he carried it all around the house.  Unfortunately he wouldn’t let me get a good picture of him, so this is the best shot I got.

IMG_0747

Bella is still pouty….but I’ll take pouty over fussing any day!

IMG_0750

And then once dad made it home from work….Oliver really wanted to go out in all the snow.

IMG_0754

So I bundled him up in some snow coveralls I got second hand, although they are size 5/6…and just a little large on him.  And then we pulled out his 3T jacket I got on clearance to use next year..but it makes a better snow coat than what he currently has.  And let’s not forget that his snow boots are borrowed from the neighbors and 3 sizes too big.  Poor kid, but it doesn’t bother him a bit.

IMG_0756IMG_0757IMG_0761

Although the snow excursion only lasted a couple of minutes because Oliver kept falling into the snow and Jesse wanted to get busy clearing things off, so he would have a better path to walk on.

And just so you can get an idea of how much snow we actually have at our house…should be about 11 inches.

IMG_0763

And wouldn’t you know it.  Dad is away at work all morning, and then he goes out and removes snow for a couple of hours…all of which both kids are up and being pains.  And then the second he is finished and comes inside both kids go to sleep.

You have got to be kidding me! 

I think he mentioned he wanted to get outside and finish up some things…I’m sure that will coincide nicely with both kids waking back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment