Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nothing

I’m sitting here at my computer and I should be working.  And if I’m not working I should be doing a million other things that need to get done.

But I’m just sitting here.

Bella has been high maintenance since Sunday.  It seems that her teething is back in full force.  She was up last night crying.  And this morning she was up at 5:15am crying.  Oliver was also up at the same time.

So we took the kids downstairs.  Bella was still crying.

1.  I held her – still crying

2.  Jesse gave her tylenol – still crying

3.  I put orajel on her teeth – still crying

4.  I held her and gave her drinks – still crying

5.  I feed her – still crying

6.  I got her dressed and ready for school – not crying anymore, but still fussing

7.  I sent her off to school at 8am

I’m not sure how she is doing, but at that point there wasn’t anything more I could do for her, so she might as well go to school.  And after 3 hours of crying, fussing, and trying to accommodate 2 kids.  My energy is gone.

So I’m just sitting at my computer…not really doing anything.  And not looking forward to the fact that both kids will be home in 2 hours, and I’m pretty sure this afternoon is going to be horrible.

I just want a day off, where I can do whatever I want and can blow off all the things I should be doing.  That isn’t going to happen, so I would settle for a day in which Bella is happy….don’t think that’s going to happen either.

No comments:

Post a Comment