Friday, February 26, 2010

The Master Bedroom Reveal

We are 90% done with the master bedroom, so I thought it was time to finally get the pictures out there. Remember the bedroom before?Here it is after.
A different angle from before - again these pictures are from our final walk through and the old owners furniture.
Same shot after. The room is a little darker than before. But I personally like my bedroom to be a little darker, it just seems more cozy and personal.
The colors are brown and blue. I already had the bedding, which I am actually wishing to change, but I don't have a really good reason except I "want" something new. And then the curtains that my mom made for us that I still love.
Here is a close up of the sitting room and the new floor mirror I got from Jesse for Valentines Day. I have been wanting a floor mirror forever!Old sitting room.
New sitting room. Still missing artwork and a table to go between the chairs. Also notice the bright blue blanket below the door - to be explained later. And the darker blue blanket is the temporary dog bed. Temporary because the dogs only like to sleep on beds during the winter. In the summer they prefer to be on the tile, or right over the registers.
Old picture showing the bathroom wall.
Redone. Notice our little whoops?
That's right, we hung pictures on a wall, that is most of the time hidden by the bathroom door. Being that we are the type to keep our bathroom door open most of the time. I guess we have to find a new spot to hang those pictures. And notice the bathroom just screaming to be redone. All in good time (except I still can't take a bath, see the leaking post from earlier in the month).
And here is how the sitting room actually looks right now. The sliding door is original to the house and leaks like crazy. Being that it's freezing cold out right now, we have a blanket blocking the draft. We hope to replace the door with French doors and screen in the balcony. Not sure that will actually happen this year or not.
Well I hope you liked the tour of our new master bedroom. It only took 2 months to "almost" complete. That's what happens when your busy trying to take care of a two year old, and you never seem to have enough time on the weekends to get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment