Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A new project

We haven't even had the big reveal of our master bedroom. It's almost done. In fact if I just picked up a few things, I could probably take all the pictures. But we still have Jesse's closet yet to do, and I think we can get it done within the next two weeks, so I am going to wait.

In the meantime, this project is something I can do by myself during the day. And it's tackling the kitchen. All we are going to do right now is paint the walls. And update the vertical blinds to curtains. I already have the paint, curtains and new rod, so I'm itching to get it all done.

Here is the kitchen before, taken during our final walk through. No that cat is not ours, it was the old owners.
And here are the lovely vertical blinds that I decided to dump out on the deck. They will be going in the trash no recycling for them. Notice the lovely orange color in the picture above. Well the old owners had painted them, but only on the one side. So if you were sitting outside you could see the rough edges of the orange on the white backs. Very classy.
How many holes does a person really need to put into one wall?
I hope to get this all painted this week. Taking on a project like this, while we are still working on an old one is just the sort of thing to get me in trouble with the hubby. Well that's only if I don't get this one finished up in a few days that is.

Stay tuned..............

1 comment:

  1. Painted blinds... very nice. I am surprised you never mentioned this one before.

    ReplyDelete