Monday, February 1, 2010

The Run


Jesse, myself and friends participated in the ground hog run yesterday for Children's TLC (Bella's preschool). Jesse ran a good race, for not doing any real running in years. I myself was wondering why I decide to sign up for these races in the first place. I am not a runner, nor do I really enjoy it. I was at least a little satisfied when I noticed that other somewhat athletic people were finishing at the same time as me. I guess, like me, not everyone is cut out to be a runner.
But because I believe in these good causes, and because even though I don't like running, it is good for me. Jesse and I are signing up for the Trolley Run. The trolley run takes place at the end of April and benefits CCVI (Children's Center for the Visually Impaired). They are actually located in the same building as Bella's preschool, and use some of the same play areas, gyms, kitchens, etc as Children's TLC.
So this time around I do plan to do more training, so maybe I can run longer, and won't be quite as sore the next day. Because today I feel like I am about 80 years old, I can hardly walk. It's a sad sad world for the not in shape. But on a positive note, Bella must feel sorry for me and has decide she is going to be very active and roll around today.

No comments:

Post a Comment