Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year’s Resolution

I alluded to a few things in the budget post, but I’ve been thinking about my New Year’s Resolutions.  First I wanted to look up my postings from last year and see what I had written.

“Has anyone been thinking about their new year's resolutions?  Jesse and I were talking and I suggested that ours should be to have more fun.  We seem to get stuck in the ruts of worrying about and taking care of Bella, and worrying about and working on the house.  We need to do a better job about enjoying life and having fun.  Our situation might not be the greatest but I can guarantee that even with our struggles we are very blessed, and we need to remember that.  I am not the most positive person, but for my new year's resolution I vow to be more positive and to take the time to enjoy life and try to the best of our ability to have fun in the process.”

Being that I couldn’t even remember our resolution from last year, I’m not sure we can say we succeeded.  Better add that one to the list again this year.

This year my small personal resolution is to not buy any new clothes for a year.  I do have a couple of exceptions – special occasion wear (if needed), jeans (if needed), under garments (if needed).  Well you get the point.  Anything else, I can either wear the many items I already own, or try and make them.  That’s right I will allow myself to make new clothes (granted I can only buy fabric for two items at a time, and then I need to complete the project before I buy more).  I’m hoping it will get me more practice, for now I haven’t been too excited by my sewing skills for myself.  And if I could actually make it without spending any money even on fabric for the year, that would be even better!

The other item is to finally get organized in this house.  I know organization is a huge thing for everyone in the new year.  I feel I am a couple years behind and it’s becoming a huge obstacle.  I have been working in the office/craft room/guest bedroom for the past couple of weeks.  I am making slow progress, nothing like going through paper from 2003 and beyond.  I’m afraid the paper shredder is going to burn out on me.

Jesse’s New Year’s resolution is to quit cussing.  Bella and I are going to make him a “naughty word tin” and he has to put in a dollar for every F-word and 25 cents for every other cuss word.  He might want to get some change made at the bank!  The plan is to spend the money on family outings when it accumulates and hopefully to curb the cussing before Oliver picks it up.  Bella is a lost cause (i.e. she has heard it all) and if she ever repeats a cuss word…well we might just cheer her on and let her have the dirtiest mouth she wants!

And just to make this post even longer, we have to admit that we are both on a diet and fitness routine.  I mentioned how I was working on losing the baby weight I gained with both kids.  I believe I reported that Oliver’s is gone, now I have Bella’s which has been hanging around for 4 years.  I’ve been losing about 0.5 to 1 pound a week (may have gained 3 back during the holidays).  So let’s see that means its going to take me 12 – 24 weeks to get back to my 2007 weight.  Then if we are shooting for my ideal weight (we will call it my Jamaica weight).  Well that is 8 pounds less.  So here’s hoping in 20-40 weeks (almost a year) I will look like this:

jessekristenjamaica

I almost showed you my swimsuit picture….but thought that might come back to haunt me some day!

Any my loving husband has promised me that if I get back to my pre-Bella weight I get to book my next tropical vacation.  Hmmmm…..Costa Rica, no wait, Turks and Caicos, no maybe Belize.  I can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment