Monday, January 16, 2012

Running

I have been training for the Groundhog run coming up in less than 2 weeks.  Except my training doesn’t really include any running.  Instead it is alternating between running on the elliptical and doing Jillian Michael’s “The Shred” workout DVD.  I did get out once last week and ran for maybe 2 miles before I couldn’t run any further.  So I’m going to guess that in two weeks I won’t build up to running over 3 miles.  I don’t understand what it is about running that I can’t do.  My legs don’t get tired, it’s my lungs.  You would think I was a smoker, the way I feel when I run.    But I guess it shouldn’t matter if I need to walk a little bit during the run itself, it’s just getting out and doing it that counts…right??  I used to have ideas of training for a marathon someday.  I think I am officially giving up that dream.  Not only do I think I would never be able to run that far.  I don’t ever have the time to dedicate to train for something like that.

But on a positive note for myself, some of the stubborn “Bella baby weight” is finally starting to come off.  So maybe this whole training to run in the 5k’s isn’t for nothing.  My end goal really is to just get into shape and get back to a healthy weight.  So with that I am actually feeling quite proud of myself.  I just have to get through this race coming up and then I am trying to decide if I want to sign up for the St. Patty’s day run or just wait until April for the trolley run (a.k.a plaza run).  I think I will wait and decide after the upcoming run.

No comments:

Post a Comment