Sunday, September 4, 2011

Comfy Pants

I did a quick sewing project last night.  I have this pair of pajama pants that I love, but there are quite wild.  So I wanted to make a new pair.
 I had purchased some cheap fabric online ($2/yd) and figured it would be the perfect fabric to practice on.  I used the original pants as a template and cut around them, leaving some extra length for a seam allowance.
 I'm glad to say these were a practice pair.  A note to any novices sewing their first pants without a pattern, make sure when you cut the waist you make sure it will fit over your hips, that being the largest part of your bottom half.  Luckily I can get the pants on, but it isn't smooth, now I know.

I also cheated and used pinking shears to cut the edges so they wouldn't fray.  I have a serger, which makes professional seams, but I haven't been brave enough to use it yet.
Now that I know how it goes, I plan to make the family some new Husker lounge pants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment