Friday, September 9, 2011

A story about a paint color

I picked out a neutral color for the bathroom.  Gasp…I know…a neutral, you probably didn’t even know it was in my vocabulary.  Problem is, I have a hard time picking out neutral colors, you just never know if they are going to be the right blend of white, brown, cream, etc.
I picked out what I thought was going to be a very light brown and it got painted on the walls last night.
I like it against the floor tile we picked out and against the black cabinets I painted.
010009
I don’t like it against the countertop, granted we are already planning on changing that because of this little lovely outdated sink.
011
And I hate it against the existing shower tiles (although it didn’t end up looking as bad in picture as it does in real life).
008007
So here is where we start up the debate for changing out the shower tiles, they are old, dingy, and have green in them.  We originally wanted to change them, but thought it would be more work than we wanted to do right now.  So I have been doing a little research about painting tiles with an epoxy kit, and just might be brave enough to try one.  I guess the worst that can happen is we have to remove the tiles and start over and be out the time and money spent into painting the tiles.  But if it works, that would be great, and great practice for possibly refinishing an old claw foot tub I acquired from my great-grandmother.
Oh and Jesse says he doesn’t like the paint color at all, looks too peachy for him.  I see more purple undertones than peach, but I’m sure a guy doesn’t like that either.  I’m hoping it will grow on him.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this bathroom project! (Just remember, it doesn't all have to be done before company arrives! :)) We'll understand!

    ReplyDelete