Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Kids Sewing Week

I totally bailed on the challenge last week.  I just decided to postpone it for a week, so this week I am going strong.  In fact yesterday I sewed or did sewing related things for 3 hours or more.  I even finished something for Bella.  This is an idea I have had in my head for quite awhile.  Trying to adapt her clothing so she can wear them better.  Especially in the winter. 

Here is a picture taken awhile ago, showing how most of Bella’s shirts end up creeping up, leaving her exposed.  Not to mention you always have to worry about pulling them down anytime she gets into her car seat, her chair, etc.

001

I took an existing shirt, an old onesie, and some coordinating fabric.

009

I cut the shirt in two and created a band of the coordinating fabric.

001

And I sewed the onesie to the bottom of the band and the top of the lower existing shirt.  This allows the shirt to overhang her pants/waistline and the onesie to go underneath.

003

And the best thing is – it works!  So today I stopped and got some more tshirts on clearance at Target to modify.  The only problem is, the onesie stopped at size 2T, so I am going to have to make them on my own.

002

No comments:

Post a Comment