Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sickness

So this past weekend I thought I was coming down with a cold.  On Friday night my throat hurt so bad I literally couldn’t swallow.  In the middle of the night I would wake up and have saliva in my mouth and think that getting up and spitting it out would be easier than trying to get it down my throat.  Jesse was continuously commenting on how bad my snoring was, to which I think I mumbled something about not being able to help it and just glad I was getting a little bit of sleep.  Jesse was gracious enough to get up with both kids that night.

By Saturday morning I was feeling a little better and actually by Monday wasn’t feeling sick much anymore, so I was happy that what I thought was going to be a terrible cold turned into something mild that didn’t last long.  So I went about my normal routine on Monday taking care of the kids, working out, sewing, etc.  And I think I’m paying for it today.  Apparently I should have taken it easy for a little while longer to fully get over what ever it was I had.

You know the hardest thing about being sick for me is having to take care of the kids.  First off you don’t feel good and would prefer to be in bed, or at least laying around, not having to be up and continuously taking care of them. Secondly and for me most importantly, you do not want to get them sick.  I have no idea what Oliver is like when he is sick, I’m sure we will find out sometime soon, but I can’t stand it when Bella is sick.  It’s very hard on her and us.  You have seen the many photos of her blood vessels being broken from coughing so hard.  This was Bella last Christmastime.

001

And come to think of it Bella was sick last Halloween.  She didn’t even get to go to her class party and barely made it to two houses to trick or treat.  Hopefully I’m the only one in this house sick this time around, so we can enjoy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment