Sunday, August 14, 2011

Farm Aid

Some pictures from our Farm Aid experience at the new Livestrong soccer complex.

We tailgated outside for a couple of hours and then headed inside the complex.  Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds put on an incredible show.
My favorite quote of the night would be "It was the barbecue".  You see Jesse didn't feel so well after we had been in the stadium for about an hour, which was right after he ate.  Now I thought the food was delicious, and we actually split the same bbq sandwich, and it seemed fine to me.  I kept saying it probably had more to do with the number of beers consumed.
Jesse stuck to water after his "bad sandwich" experience.  Today when we checked how many beers were left from our tailgating we were surprised to see there was only 1 left, and I only had 3 beers out of the 12 pack.  I'm kind of thinking the sandwich got a bad rap!!

We stayed through John Mellancamp and were disappointed he didn't play "Jack and Diane", I was surprised that I didn't know more of his songs.  And if it wasn't for the pesky needing to pump/breastfeeding thing, and the fact that Jesse was tired and not feeling good, we probably would have stayed for the whole thing.  As it was, it was still a good time, and nice to get out together sans kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment