Friday, August 12, 2011

Fashionista - I think not

I'm happy to say that I don't follow very many reality television shows.  I will watch some if they are on t.v., but if I miss an episode or most of the season, I don't really care.  But, there are two shows that I do like to watch, and lucky for me I can watch them on the computer, being that we don't have cable.



They both inspire me to start working on new projects, both sewing related and house related.  So this past couple of weeks in the few short hours I have to myself I have been working on a couple new things for myself. I attempted this top last year -
And a few others that I have never shown - for good reason.  Hoping to improve my skills I have a few more that will make an appearance coming soon.  I like to get inspiration from places like anthropology and magazines.  On other blogs you will see people take their inspiration photo and then show you what they have made, in about 90% of the cases I still like the inspiration item a lot better than the homemade one.  So with my creations I won't show you the inspiration, that way you won't know how badly mine fell short of the goal.  But hey if that anthro tank top is $88, I would surely hope my $8 version that I whipped up without a pattern using my beginning sewing skills, wouldn't look as good.

And if you like to look at clothing blogs I found a great one the other day - c&c.  I can't believe she makes thrifted clothing items look so good.  It helps that she's tall, skinny, and looks like a model.  But it's still inspiring to me to get a closet full of great looking clothes for little money.

No comments:

Post a Comment