Monday, January 28, 2013

2012 Spending

For those of you who like to see how we continue to dump money into our house….here is our 2012 spending graph.

2012 spending

The major home improvement expense was our new circle driveway.  The daycare expenses jumped up since we are still paying for 2 kids in part time daycare.  I would hate to see how much that would be if they were in full time daycare (although then I would be making more money too).  And travel jumped up this year.  This includes trips back to Nebraska and our two short weekend trips to Colorado and Chicago, oh and my girls trip to Vegas.

After that the spending all gets to be about the same for each category.  A new category added was work related expenses for me to be working from home.  This means I had to pay for some things myself that normally a company would pay, the biggest part is paying for my own continuing education classes.  Those things can be pricey.

I secretly expect our home improvement category to be 50% of our income this coming year…..it should be a big year of costly improvements around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment