Monday, January 14, 2013

Spontaneously Boring

Bella is at school….yeah!

Oliver is at the sitters….yeah!

I finally get a few hours to myself.  Of course I am going to be working, but it’s still peace and quiet for myself.

We finally got over the hump of the flu and then Bella’s tooth problems have come back.  Last night was horrible, but we have all heard it a million times before, so I will stop there.

On a better subject.  I spontaneously got a sitter for Saturday night and Jesse and I went out for a bite to eat and some drinks.  There are some high schoolers that work in the church nursery so they have been around Bella and Oliver before.  We wanted to see if they would work out as baby sitters for us.  One of them was able to come over after we went to evening church, which worked out great because the kids had just been around her.

We left the house a little after 7pm, ordered a few beers had dinner, looked at the clock and saw it was only 8:30pm, and said “now what?”.  We had told the sitter we would be out till 10pm, but we actually went home at 9pm, because us boring old folks couldn’t come up with anything to do.

And then low and behold the kids actually slept through the night (this was Saturday night).  So for the year of 2013 we are up to 2 nights of continuous sleep.

The other good news for me, bad news for parenting in general.  Oliver finally likes watching about 20 minutes of animal movies.  This means for short periods of time he is content to sit still and I can get in my morning coffee…well some mornings.

IMG_0561

Bella still doesn’t pay attention, but she can attempt to sit and watch with her brother.

IMG_0563

I think we have a cheeseball on our hands.

IMG_0565

No comments:

Post a Comment