Friday, January 11, 2013

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

I should have taken the kids to the sitters today.  I had so very many things to do.

I just couldn’t do it.

Bella had a rough week.  Her main problem besides the obvious flu/throwing up for a day is that she was dehydrated.  I think if you let Bella continuously drink water all day long, she still wouldn’t be able to drink 8 ounces of water.  She takes water in one drop at a time.  ONE DROP.  And each drop takes her anywhere from a couple of seconds to a minute to swallow.

So for the last couple of days I have been busy giving her lots of time so she can get a little bit of water.

I knew she was doing better last night.  As I mentioned I should have taken her to the sitters.  But I knew she wouldn’t get her drinks.  It’s so very hard to send her somewhere knowing she basically lays on the floor the whole time by herself.  It’s even worse to pay for it.

Now I don’t blame the sitter.  She is watching 4 kids.  Bella gets feed, and I’m sure if she is crying she gets attention.  But most of the time she is going to be laying on the floor while the other kids play around her or nearby.

So that was my dilemma today.  To be able to get things done and actually get work in, which meant send Bella (& Oliver) to the sitters where she probably wouldn’t get what she needed to get back to 100%.

Of course in the end I decided to give Bella another day of more attention and I kept the kids home.  I hope in her own way Bella appreciated it because my list of things to do is getting depressingly long.

On a separate note I did manage to make a short errand to Target after Jesse got home tonight.

And I just can’t get this lampshade out of my head.

butterfly lamp shade

Although I don’t really think it goes into any of my rooms.

We also need a side table.  I saw this one and thought I might be able to recreate it.

upholstered accent table

It’s a sort of ottoman/side table.  Although in our house, that fabric would have millions of black dog hair on it in no time.  So I’m thinking a painted wood top and a printed or a least darker fabric choice.  We can add that to my million long list of projects I want to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment