Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Brightly colored candle sticks

I have had these wooden candlesticks in the basement for 5+ years.  I have been meaning to paint them and add them to one of our living spaces.

IMG_0502IMG_0504

The reason I want to paint them, I actually have 4 of them.  I figured all 4 didn’t need to be brown.

So using some leftover paint from our bookcase backings, the candle sticks got a coat of turquoise paint.

The whole project to paint them took about as long as it did for me to take pictures.  Someone was following me around and getting into every shot.  And if he wasn’t in the shot, he would conveniently place a toy in the way.

IMG_0501IMG_0505

And because he likes to play with them too, they are living in the back corner of our family room for now.  Maybe at some point they can actually move out to be beside the fireplace.

IMG_0507

And maybe someday soon we will actually finish the fireplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment