Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Ignored Room

I mentioned we were going to be targeting the dining room next.  We really haven’t taken too many pictures in this room.  We don’t use it very often, and it has been completely ignored.

So let’s see it in all it’s glory.

IMG_0638

IMG_0623

I do like the big picture windows in this room.  It means I can go with a dramatic/dark color and it won’t be too powerful.

IMG_0624

Especially since opposite the window wall, it is completely open to the living room.

IMG_0628

I actually picked out the paint color and bought it two years ago.  Hope I still like it!!

IMG_0629

Someone was getting upset that I wasn’t taking any pictures of him.  So I indulged him.

IMG_0625

Now we are happy!

IMG_0626

The main reason we hadn’t started on this room was the tiny opening from the kitchen to the dining room.

IMG_0627

I want to enlarge the width of the opening, but can’t unless we are ready to remodel the kitchen.  And that’s not happening quite yet.  So it remains to be seen if we will eventually open this up.

But for now we are going to go ahead and start this room.  I mean, it still has the original carpet in it.

IMG_0632

Well that is the complete tour of the existing dining room.  Want to take any bets on how long it takes us to finish up the room.  Making the list is:

1.  New paint.

2.  Chair rail and bottom trim.

3.  New flooring (still debating what type).

4.  New light fixture.

5.  If adventurous, painting the ceiling so you can tell it’s a tray ceiling.

6.  New window treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment