Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It’s a Flu Outbreak

Have you ever been at the dentist’s office getting your teeth cleaned and had an overwhelming urge to throw up?  Knowing that your son just went through some type of sickness a few days earlier.

Yep, we have officially all gotten the flu.  Oliver had it on Saturday night and then myself and Jesse started getting symptoms yesterday within hours of each other.  I didn’t actually puke at the dentist’s office, I luckily made it home before it happened, but it pretty much happened immediately when I got home.  Just when the worst was over for me, Bella started throwing up at 2am. 

And in typical fashion Bella seems to have it the worst, she threw up maybe 16 times.  I lost count.  But from 2am until 4pm today she absolutely couldn’t keep anything down and was miserable.

There’s nothing like still feeling sick yourself and having to deal with other people’s puke.

And I’m not even going to try and explain how extremely difficult it is to get a child who doesn’t have control of their body to puke into something without it getting over everything or choking on it themselves.

In the past three days we have given 8 baths and done 9 loads of laundry…enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment