Monday, August 6, 2012

Compromise

This morning I sat down to work and was first thinking about all the things I wanted to get done.  I quickly became overwhelmed.  One thing at a time, is what I should tell myself.  But most days not much seems to get done.  The other day I had created a list of typical things that need to get done around here.  I gave the list to Jesse to rank the importance, and then I did the same.  It went like this:

Activity                            Jesse             Kristen

Exercise                              4                    6

Cooking, Eating Healthy      2                    3

Cleaning                              6                    8

Paperwork                          7                    4

Organizing, clutter free         8                    7

House Projects                   10                  10

Relax                                  5                     5

Hobbies, personal               9                     9

Play, Family Time               1                     2

Kids care,appts,etc             3                     1

When you put the two together you get:

1.  Play, family time

2.  Kids care, appointments, etc.

3.  Cooking, Eating Healthy

4.  Exercise

5.  Relax

6.  Paperwork, bills

7.  Cleaning

8.  Organizing

9.  Hobbies personal

10. House projects

So I guess what this means for me is that if the kids are taken care of, we have family time planned, we have a healthy meal planned or cooked for the day, and I have gotten my exercise done, when I can’t decide what to do with my “to do list”……….it looks like I can grab a book and relax for a little while!  I guess everything else will get done eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good list...Especially where you both get to find time to relax. All the projects will get done eventually. You should add a trip to Orlando/Disney to your list. We have a spare bedroom.

    ReplyDelete