Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Grandma’s Help

My mom has been in town the past couple of days to help watch the kids so I could get a bunch of things done.

I haven’t gotten anything done.

Let's see, every day I wake up and feel horrible.  Allergies are really kicking my behind right now.  None of the medicines I am taking are helping.

I should be working, I have plenty to do, but I just can’t concentrate my head feels that bad.

So I tell myself I should just lay down and take a nap, maybe then I would feel better.

I lay down and instead of falling asleep I think about all the other things I should be doing.  I need to run to Target, I need to vacuum the whole house, I desperately need to clean the bathrooms, I have 5 loads of laundry that need to be done, I have a mountain of small projects I could work on, I really need to tackle the bills and paperwork that has overflowed on our entry table……

Needless to say I don’t get any sleep.  And I still feel crappy so I don’t really get much accomplished as far as work or house work goes.

I think what I really want to do is say it’s okay to take a whole day off and lay in bed relaxing, reading, watching tv, napping.  I feel like I need to give myself permission and then maybe I won’t be toeing the line between the two.  Maybe if I give myself one day off, I will have renewed energy to tackle the day tomorrow.

But then can I really do that……..I feel like I would be letting everyone else down.

001

No comments:

Post a Comment