Thursday, August 30, 2012

Zombie Time

In an attempt to get my allergies under control I have started taking Allegra-D.  It has worked a little better than the regular version, except that one of the side effects is sleeplessness.  And for the past two nights I have laid awake for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night.  So last night was no different and as I laid awake in bed at 2am, 3am, and then suddenly it was 4am, I was thinking about this clever blog post I was going to write about my silly mishaps this past week.

I didn’t actually get out of bed and write the post, totally should have though.  Should have done anything in those 3 hours than just stayed in bed wide awake.  I haven’t decided quite yet which is better, to have the allergies a little better under control, or to not be a zombie all day long because I am only getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night.

So I was going to talk about what a klutz I have recently become.  I haven’t ever really called myself athletic, but I wouldn’t say I am a clumsy person either.  But last week as I told you I tripped and twisted my ankle.  Which was so bad that early in the afternoon I had to text Jesse. 

“You don’t have to rush home, but if you could come home early today that would be great….I can’t walk”.

Luckily Jesse did come home in about an hour, because by that point I literally couldn’t bear any weight on that ankle.  It was slowly starting to heel and I was pretty much back to normal yesterday when……well a swing hit me in the face.

024

This is the swing in question, and Bella was the occupant, this picture is a couple years old, but you get the idea.  So to explain myself, Oliver has been running around at night playing with the water in the dog bowl, or in the swimming pool, or chasing the dogs, etc.  Bella swings.  Oliver does not pay attention to the swing and has been hit a couple of times.  I was sitting next to Bella pushing her, and saw that Oliver was headed towards us to get a bucket.  I thought I was being smooth by trying to time the swing and grab the bucket to hand to Oliver so he wouldn’t get hit by the swing.  Except I totally misjudged the timing and the swing hit me square in the nose as it was coming back towards me.

It hurt.  A lot.

Needless to say my nose swelled up a little and I have had a constant headache since.

Don’t all bad things come in threes?  I’m waiting to see what is going to find me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment